In this post, we are going to look at how we are going to react to getting 3-Bet. It can be a tough spot to know whether we should continue or give up when we face this pre-flop aggression, so let’s have a plan in store for how we will treat these spots in general from now on…
We are going to want to give up with around 50% of our hands, this way we won’t be over-defending. Most of our give-ups are going to be any offsuit combinations that we have found a raise with as these will play more poorly and lower value suited connectors hit the muck because these types of hands can be easily dominated.
As for the other 50% of our hands, we will want to divide these up with 4-Bet Bluffs which we can take from the bottom of the hands we want to continue with, calls from our pocket pairs and higher suited connectors and broadway combos, then we will want to have a 4-Betting for value range which will just be our monster hands.
This is what our general continuing plan against 3-Bets looks like with regards to as a range, we are looking at a rough opening range from the Cut-Off position which will include the top 32% of hands.
One thing worth noting is that we won’t want to 4-Bet every time we have A2s-A8s but these are some of the best hand to 4-Bet Bluff with a small amount of the time.
We will look to migrate these ranges if we are facing larger or smaller 3-Bets from the Villian
Let’s say we only face a 2.5x raise from the Villian from the Big Blind when we raised the Button, we can profitably defend way more hands profitably, so we will want to only be folding in spots like this with the bottom 30% of our range, so we can easily add in calls with our hands like.
The same goes for migrating these ranges to larger bet sizings, let’s say we face a huge 4x 3-Bet then folding around 60% of our hands will be a more suitable adjustment. The reason for this is that a larger sizing is going to be more weighted towards strength.
Grab 10 Free Spins Today!
Mr Vegas Casino is offering a fun 10 Free Spins on Sign Up to New Customers! With NO DEPOSIT!
SIGN UP TODAY AND USE CODE: PRINCE10
See T&Cs below. 18+ Only. begambleaware
Free spins on Signup
1. The above offer free spins on sign up offer is valid from December 1st,2019 – December 31st, 2019 at 23:59 GMT.
2. Only wagers made with Bonus Funds after the first successful deposit will contribute towards the wagering requirement
3. Winnings from free spins must be wagered 50 times before a withdrawal may be made. Wagering will start after a successful deposit is made. Wagering contributions apply and vary from game to game.
4. Excluded countries for the no deposit offer are UK. To enjoy the set of 10 Free Spins on the Game “ENCHANTED PRINCE” upon registration use the code “PRINCE10”
5. Maximum conversion from free spins is $/£/€ 20.
6. The wagering requirement for free spins bonuses shall be met within 7 days otherwise the free spins and the winnings from it will be forfeited.
7. By using the promotion code, you opt-in to the promotion and agree to its Terms and Conditions.
8. To be eligible for the bonus you must register your account through this page.
9. Any Player can receive up to 5 Registration Bonuses on the Progressplay network.
10. The promotion is not available to customers depositing with Skrill payment method.
11. Wagering occurs on real balance first.
12. The Bonuses cannot be withdrawn. All winnings generated from wagering the Bonuses will be credited to your bonus balance.