In this post, we look at some hands from a recently played final table bubble from a Party Poker Turbo tournament I played. We will continue on looking at some interesting hands from the final table too in the next post.
Play Tight in Blind against Early Position Action
Too many players defend wide against this kind of action because they are getting a good price and against aggressive players, we can defend here profitably with a wide range, however a big adjustment to get in less trouble in these lower stakes games is to overfold in spots like this.
Our opponent is just going to have such a strong range when they min-raise from early position leaving themselves around 13BBs behind. This screams strength to me, especially when a player has been not very active at the table.
Bet small with our entire range to keep the pressure on
So this is a spot where we want to get to showdown with our exact hand, but let’s say we get to the flop with A3o or KJo then we will want to bet with our whole range with a small sizing here to get folds from hands that have equity against us.
With our exact hand betting small does us well, we are protected in the way that we can have all the overpairs, AT, KT, TT, 88 and 44 so it’s hard for our opponent to want to raise us even if they have hands like QT or JT on this board.
Betting here folds out hands that might have decent equity like AJ, A9, KQ, KJ, K9, will all pretty much have to fold unless that have at least a decent backdoor heart draw and we do well from getting that equity out of the pot.
Avoid Awkward Spots
So in this spot we have a pretty good hand, however, let’s say we 3-Bet then we have to call the Big Blind when they move all-in, however, if the Button then decides to isolate that all-in then we are in a bad spot.
Our other option is smooth call but then we are allowing the Big Blind to move all-in as a squeeze move and that’s going to force our equity out of the pot for the times that the Button wants to play against their range too.
So both of these options seem pretty terrible to me when I was looking at this hand, so in spots like this just make the fold… it’s easy.
Our opponents both ended up having us beat with AJo and 99 in our opponents’ hands.
Get 10 Free Spins with No Deposit needed.
Mr Vegas Casino is offering a fun 10 Free Spins on Sign Up to New Customers! With NO DEPOSIT!
SIGN UP TODAY AND USE CODE: PRINCE10
See T&Cs below. 18+ Only. begambleaware
Free spins on Signup
1. The above offer free spins on sign up offer is valid from December 1st,2019 – December 31st, 2019 at 23:59 GMT.
2. Only wagers made with Bonus Funds after the first successful deposit will contribute towards the wagering requirement
3. Winnings from free spins must be wagered 50 times before a withdrawal may be made. Wagering will start after a successful deposit is made. Wagering contributions apply and vary from game to game.
4. Excluded countries for the no deposit offer are UK. To enjoy the set of 10 Free Spins on the Game “ENCHANTED PRINCE” upon registration use the code “PRINCE10”
5. Maximum conversion from free spins is $/£/€ 20.
6. The wagering requirement for free spins bonuses shall be met within 7 days otherwise the free spins and the winnings from it will be forfeited.
7. By using the promotion code, you opt-in to the promotion and agree to its Terms and Conditions.
8. To be eligible for the bonus you must register your account through this page.
9. Any Player can receive up to 5 Registration Bonuses on the Progressplay network.
10. The promotion is not available to customers depositing with Skrill payment method.
11. Wagering occurs on real balance first.
12. The Bonuses cannot be withdrawn. All winnings generated from wagering the Bonuses will be credited to your bonus balance.