Sam Trickett has been at the forefront of the High Stakes Poker world for quite some time now and isn’t exactly falling off his top-level position as he recently won the Millions Sochi Super High Roller for $435,000.
Sam’s timeline from going from a recreational Poker player back in 2005 when he was a professional footballer to playing Million Dollar games took just a few years!
He started playing more poker after his football career was cut short by a brutal injury in 2005, he started taking cards seriously from then on and it only took 3 years for this natural to get his first noteworthy win.
After narrowly missing out on a bracelet at his first WSOP in 2008, Sam took 4th place for a chunky $245,927 in a $5,000 bracelet event, but with his first big title coming just two months later with Sam taking down a £1,000 tournament in Luton Casino for £109,050.
This was just the beginning for Sam’s amazing Poker ride though because 2011 saw him kick things off with a $1,508,258 win when he took down a $100k event in the Aussie Millions. A few days later in the same casino, he took down $ 1,384,631 for getting second in another high roller and then he followed this up, later on, that year winning the Partouche Poker Tour Main Event in Cannes, France for a massive €1,000,000!
This all trifles in comparison to Sam’s biggest payday ever, losing heads up to Antonio Esfandiari but with $10,112,001 to console him, taking 2nd place in the Big One for One Drop.
Sam recently was on the PartyPoker weekly Poker Showdown where he goes through some Poker stories and tells us how he recently played through his biggest online poker session.
Preparation is everything
Eat well, get plenty of rest and don’t play if you are burnt out or tired. You have to feel like you can take on anything at the beginning of a session, if not you probably won’t win.
Warm-up a little
Play some small game, watch a little poker, read a few hands, review some of your games. Sam’s thinks you need to get a feel for cards before playing and we think he has a valid point, get your brain in the zone before a session and you will be ahead of your opponents when you play.
Put in the Work
If you want to be successful, you have to work harder than your opponents. If they are reviewing hands for 30 minutes every other day, you need to be reviewing your game for one hour every other day.
Don’t underestimate opponents
Players are too quick to think that just because someone doesn’t play much poker that they are terrible at the game, but even the underdog will have a good grasp of the game and have a decent read on situations, so never underestimate weaker players.
Realise that variance is going to happen
Poker can eat away at even the best players souls a little. Sam’s advice is to remain level headed, you can’t let things affect you emotionally, try and leave your feelings towards the game at the table and enjoy your life away from the game.
So try these tips out next time you are going to play a Poker session!
Remember to stay safe out there and have 10 Free Spins on us!
Mr Vegas Casino is offering a fun 10 Free Spins on Sign Up to New Customers! With NO DEPOSIT!
SIGN UP TODAY AND USE CODE: PRINCE10
See T&Cs below. 18+ Only. begambleaware
Free spins on Signup
1. The above offer free spins on sign up offer is valid from December 1st,2019 – December 31st, 2019 at 23:59 GMT.
2. Only wagers made with Bonus Funds after the first successful deposit will contribute towards the wagering requirement
3. Winnings from free spins must be wagered 50 times before a withdrawal may be made. Wagering will start after a successful deposit is made. Wagering contributions apply and vary from game to game.
4. Excluded countries for the no deposit offer are UK. To enjoy the set of 10 Free Spins on the Game “ENCHANTED PRINCE” upon registration use the code “PRINCE10”
5. Maximum conversion from free spins is $/£/€ 20.
6. The wagering requirement for free spins bonuses shall be met within 7 days otherwise the free spins and the winnings from it will be forfeited.
7. By using the promotion code, you opt-in to the promotion and agree to its Terms and Conditions.
8. To be eligible for the bonus you must register your account through this page.
9. Any Player can receive up to 5 Registration Bonuses on the Progressplay network.
10. The promotion is not available to customers depositing with Skrill payment method.
11. Wagering occurs on real balance first.
12. The Bonuses cannot be withdrawn. All winnings generated from wagering the Bonuses will be credited to your bonus balance.