If you aren’t familiar with Rick Salomon, then you need to Google this guy, he is famous for a few reasons including production of “One Night In Paris” a sex tape with none other than Paris Hilton and also a couple of high profile marriages with the likes of Pamela Anderson.
Rick and Pamela ended up Divorcing in 2014 with a $1,000,000 settlement going to Pamela Anderson who claimed that Rick has earnt $40,000,000 in 2014 playing poker.
These claims were pretty wild at the time and many thought them to be untrue, however there is the poker world that we all know of at then there are the games which only certain people will ever get invited to that have Billionaires sat at the tables, these kinds of people think nothing of having huge Million Dollar gambling loses, it’s the same as me or you losing a few bets at our local casino, well it seems Rick Salomon has been playing in these games for a while now.
Anderson claimed that in just one weekend of playing Billionaire Andy Beal, Rick managed to win $16,000,000 from the business mogul at the Bellagio Casino in Las Vegas.
Not unbelievable at all, after all for those who don’t know the story of Andy Beal challenging the Poker Pros in Vegas, it goes down in gambling history as one of the biggest games to ever be played.
Story of Andy Beal
In 2001 Andy Beal strolled into the Bellagio looking for a game and he was no fish! He ended up over $100,000 in his first session against all the best Pros, but this was pocket change to Beal.
Now hungry for more success against the best Pros in the game, Beal went away to work on his game and came back with an offer to play the Pros in a series of Heads up matches. Over a 3 year period, Beal played the likes of Jen Harman, Doyle Brunson, Chip Reese, Ted Forrest, Chau Giang, Gus Hansen, Todd Brunson and eventually Phil Ivey in games that started with limits of $10,000/$20,000 and moved all the way up to $100,000/$200,000.
Some of the pots would reach a reported $11.7 Million, at one point Beal was up a huge $13.6 Million against the best Pros in the world! A huge match with Ivey ensued where Beal ended up a $16 Million loser.
So given all that information and the fact that Beal is reported to play in private games losing up to $50 Million against the likes of Tobey Maguire and Alec Gores.
Anyway, we have got sidetracked in the history of business whales in the poker world for a second there, but it sets the scene for our story of the Million Dollar game set in France in 2014.
High Stakes Game in South of France
The scene was set at Tiara Miramar Beach Hotel a five-star resort on the French Rivera where a bunch of High Stakes gamblers played a massive Poker game. One of these players was Raad al-Khereiji who also lost $34 Million at the Aria Casino in Vegas over around two and a half years according to the court’s records.
Solomon has said that al-Khereiji racked up huge losses in the game that went of for 48 hours! Solomon claims that $2.8 Million was loaned to the Saudi Arabian gambler. al-Khereiji informed Solomon that he would let his US lawyer get in touch to settle the debt.
Raad al-Khereiji’s account is much different however, he claims that they simply played Poker for fun and there was no High Stakes game that took place. When the lawyer did get in touch with Salomon months later he would inform him that no payment would be coming his way.
From a bystander perspective with this limited information… it does seem strange that all these rich, money-driven folk would stay up for 48 hours playing Poker for some fun… and if they did so, why did Raad al-Khereiji have Salomon’s details to give to his lawyer?
French Law from 1804 Invoked
When it all came down to it in the courtroom a law from 1804 was used that states gaming debts are only enforceable in court if “involving weapons, foot or horse racing, chariot races, tennis and other games of the sort which involves physical skill and exercise” this law alone seemed to lose Salomon the case.
Moving forward Salomon’s Lawyer will consult with his American colleagues to decide if it is in their interests to launch an appeal against this decision. Hopefull Salomon will not lend anyone any more money moving forward and not find himself in this position of going through the courts to get back money lent in good faith.
Grab 10 Free Spins on Us!
Mr Vegas Casino is offering a fun 10 Free Spins on Sign Up to New Customers! With NO DEPOSIT!
SIGN UP TODAY AND USE CODE: MVC10
See T&Cs below. 18+ Only. begambleaware
Free spins on Signup
1. The above offer free spins on sign up offer is valid from December 1st,2019 – December 31st, 2019 at 23:59 GMT.
2. Only wagers made with Bonus Funds after the first successful deposit will contribute towards the wagering requirement
3. Winnings from free spins must be wagered 50 times before a withdrawal may be made. Wagering will start after a successful deposit is made. Wagering contributions apply and vary from game to game.
4. Excluded countries for the no deposit offer are UK. To enjoy the set of 10 Free Spins on the Game “BOOK Of DEAD” upon registration use the code “MVC10”
5. Maximum conversion from free spins is $/£/€ 20.
6. The wagering requirement for free spins bonuses shall be met within 7 days otherwise the free spins and the winnings from it will be forfeited.
7. By using the promotion code, you opt-in to the promotion and agree to its Terms and Conditions.
8. To be eligible for the bonus you must register your account through this page.
9. Any Player can receive up to 5 Registration Bonuses on the Progressplay network.
10. The promotion is not available to customers depositing with Skrill payment method.
11. Wagering occurs on real balance first.
12. The Bonuses cannot be withdrawn. All winnings generated from wagering the Bonuses will be credited to your bonus balance.