If you haven’t read our previous post about the PokerStars Founder Isai Scheinberg surrendering to the US authorities then feel free to catch up here for those in the know, there has been some developments.
As a little summary since Black Friday which is when the US federal government shut down the three largest online poker sites in one swoop, grabbing their servers and adding a nice message to people that logged in that the website had been seized.
Land of the Free, Home of Online Poker stopped from playing
What’s scary about all this is that our governments work in mysterious ways and the ban on online gambling was actually added to the terrorism act that was passed after the twin tower bombings in New York back in 2001.
Around ten years ago, 11 people were charged with crimes for providing fraudulent payment processing services to Pokerstars, Full Tilt Poker and Absolute Poker, other charges included operating illegal gambling services and more.
U.S. Attorney Geoffrey S. Berman had this to say upon hearing the defendants plea: “As Isai Scheinberg’s guilty plea today shows, the passage of time will not undermine this Office’s commitment to holding accountable individuals who violate U.S. law.”
So after ten years in hiding in the Isle of Man, the home of PokerStars offices are still based. After he saved the Poker world from losing $184 Million with the Pokerstars buy out, you would think the department of justice would take it easy on this gentleman who is quite clearly a pretty stand up human being.
Pokerstars was sold back in 2014 for a whopping $4.9 Billion, so it’s fair to say he will be able to afford a decent lawyer and in the country where a good defence has seen people like OJ Simpson walk free and write books titled ‘If I did It’… We think he will be OK.
Isai Scheinberg is a player too, he has just 4 tournaments logged on Hendon Mob, but took down a UKIPT High Roller for a pretty tasty $22,253! Pocket change to this Candian now Billionaire, but it’s pretty amazing sold PokerStars and won his first Live Tournament in the same year!It is worrying to think this 73-year-old might have to spend time behind bars though, it is unlikely that he will serve the full five years but we will have to wait to see what sentencing the judge makes on this business guru who pioneered the world of online tournament poker as know it today.
We salute you Isai Scheinberg and wish you luck with your sentencing.
Grab 10 Free Spins today and see if you can be a bit luckier than this guy!
Mr Vegas Casino is offering a fun 10 Free Spins on Sign Up to New Customers! With NO DEPOSIT!
SIGN UP TODAY AND USE CODE: PRINCE10
See T&Cs below. 18+ Only. begambleaware
Free spins on Signup
1. The above offer free spins on sign up offer is valid from December 1st,2019 – December 31st, 2019 at 23:59 GMT.
2. Only wagers made with Bonus Funds after the first successful deposit will contribute towards the wagering requirement
3. Winnings from free spins must be wagered 50 times before a withdrawal may be made. Wagering will start after a successful deposit is made. Wagering contributions apply and vary from game to game.
4. Excluded countries for the no deposit offer are UK. To enjoy the set of 10 Free Spins on the Game “ENCHANTED PRINCE” upon registration use the code “PRINCE10”
5. Maximum conversion from free spins is $/£/€ 20.
6. The wagering requirement for free spins bonuses shall be met within 7 days otherwise the free spins and the winnings from it will be forfeited.
7. By using the promotion code, you opt-in to the promotion and agree to its Terms and Conditions.
8. To be eligible for the bonus you must register your account through this page.
9. Any Player can receive up to 5 Registration Bonuses on the Progressplay network.
10. The promotion is not available to customers depositing with Skrill payment method.
11. Wagering occurs on real balance first.
12. The Bonuses cannot be withdrawn. All winnings generated from wagering the Bonuses will be credited to your bonus balance.