In this post, we are going to give you four tips on how you can work on your 6-Max cash game. These hands come straight out of the Low Stakes games on Pokerstars from the talented Cameron ‘ishter11’ Couch.
Realise how many streets of Value are in your hand
I see way too many players trying to bet all 3 streets with a fairly modest hand that is more suited for just 2 streets of value.
To put it in another way, the more we bet in Poker the narrower our opponents’ range is, so with this example our opponent has happily called a Pre-Flop raise, Flop bet and Turn bet… so should we fire the River with a hand like this?
Well, here is a nice example of when to check back, our opponent could be slow playing a big hand like a set, they could have rivered us and now have two pair or a set of tens, they could be really fishy and have just got there with a hand like 98 of clubs.
So whilst we could probably get some kind of value from a hand like QJ or J9 other than that we will be over-valuing our hand and betting again is almost turning our hand into a bluff and trying to get hands like AJ or KJ to fold, which we don’t need to do with such a strong hand.
(ishter11 has the same thoughts about this hand and elected to check back and chopped the pot against his opponents KJ)
Use Large Sizings and Over-Bets
When we are either bluffing with draws or getting value with the top of our range we want to use huge sizing… why?
Because with this comes either the most pressure, for the times we have a flush draw for instance and our opponent could fold their equity or we will be getting the most value and protection from our equity when we have a strong holding.
Let’s say our opponent on the left can’t ever fold a King in this spot, then we have a huge potential to win a massive pot here against all other weaker top pairs, we also gain the most protection when we are against a draw with a bunch of equity.
Don’t be afraid to have some give-ups in your range
It’s not being a weak poker player to occasionally give up on a pot here and there, this was a good spot to bet the flop, we have blockers to good hands like AK, KK and KQ on this board but when our opponent is likely calling with some piece of the board that most likely picks up more equity on a Turn card like this, then check-folding is fine to do.
We can’t win them all and there are plenty of better barrel cards for us that could have hit the Turn, any spade, J, 10 or Ace give us loads of equity so they would be our best betting cards, but also any board pairing card of blank could still be great for betting too.
Mix your 4-Bets with Hands like A5s and AQs
If you only ever 4-Bet with your huge hands, you are better off not 4-Betting at all… Try and merge some high equity holdings into your range like this AQ of clubs for instance.
I would see so many low stakes players just smooth call this and then play out of position without the betting lead. We just aren’t playing winning poker like that, we need to get aggressive in these spots and try and win this one Pre-Flop.
Grab 10 Free Spins Today!
Mr Vegas Casino is offering a fun 10 Free Spins on Sign Up to New Customers! With NO DEPOSIT!
SIGN UP TODAY AND USE CODE: PRINCE10
See T&Cs below. 18+ Only. begambleaware
Free spins on Signup
1. The above offer free spins on sign up offer is valid from December 1st,2019 – December 31st, 2019 at 23:59 GMT.
2. Only wagers made with Bonus Funds after the first successful deposit will contribute towards the wagering requirement
3. Winnings from free spins must be wagered 50 times before a withdrawal may be made. Wagering will start after a successful deposit is made. Wagering contributions apply and vary from game to game.
4. Excluded countries for the no deposit offer are UK. To enjoy the set of 10 Free Spins on the Game “ENCHANTED PRINCE” upon registration use the code “PRINCE10”
5. Maximum conversion from free spins is $/£/€ 20.
6. The wagering requirement for free spins bonuses shall be met within 7 days otherwise the free spins and the winnings from it will be forfeited.
7. By using the promotion code, you opt-in to the promotion and agree to its Terms and Conditions.
8. To be eligible for the bonus you must register your account through this page.
9. Any Player can receive up to 5 Registration Bonuses on the Progressplay network.
10. The promotion is not available to customers depositing with Skrill payment method.
11. Wagering occurs on real balance first.
12. The Bonuses cannot be withdrawn. All winnings generated from wagering the Bonuses will be credited to your bonus balance.